Our Essential oils are commonly used industrially in cleaning and janitorial products. Customers are looking for natural, biodegradable, environmentally-safe products free of synthetic and petroleum-derived and ingredients.
Here's a breakdown of the properties, benefits, and usage of essential oils in industrial cleaning products:
Benefits of essential oils in industrial cleaning products:
• Natural Antimicrobials: Certain essential oils, like tea tree, eucalyptus, and lemongrass, possess potent antimicrobial properties, effectively inhibiting bacteria, fungi, and viruses. This makes them suitable for disinfecting surfaces and reducing the spread of pathogens.
• Degreasing Properties: Some essential oils, like almost all citrus oils and pine oil, are effective degreasers. This can be beneficial for cleaning greasy surfaces in industrial settings, such as kitchens, factories, and machinery.
• Pleasant Fragrance: Essential oils offer a natural and environmentally-friendly alternative to harsh chemical fragrances often found in industrial cleaning products. Their pleasant scents can improve indoor air quality and create a more welcoming environment.
• Non-Toxic: Unlike many synthetic cleaning chemicals, essential oils are generally considered non-toxic and biodegradable. This makes them a safer option for workers and the environment.
Examples of essential oils usage in industrial cleaning applications:
Hospitals - Essential oils like tea tree, lemongrass, eucalyptus, and citrus oils can be used to:
• Disinfect surfaces and equipment in patient rooms and operating rooms, and high-traffic areas.
• Disinfect and mask odors in bathrooms and in urine collection rooms.
• Clean medical instruments and tools.
• Disinfect doorknobs, light switches, and other high-touch surfaces.
• Freshen the air and reduce unpleasant odors.
Locker Rooms - Essential oils like citrus oils and pine oil can be used to:
Kitchens: Essential oils like lemon, orange, and clove can be used to:
Note that essential oils are highly volatile, which can lead to faster evaporation, and require adjustments in paint formulations.
Essential oils are valued ingredients in industrial cleaning formulations.
• Disinfectant liquids and sprays: Blends of essential oils like tea tree, eucalyptus, and lemongrass can be added to water-based solutions to create disinfectant liquids or sprays for surfaces, equipment, and machinery.
• Floor cleaning solutions: Essential oils like lemon, orange, and lavender can be incorporated into floor cleaning solutions to add a pleasant scent and enhance cleaning power.
• Degreaser blends: Citrus oils like orange and grapefruit can be combined with natural solvents to create effective degreasers for cleaning greasy surfaces.
Overall, essential oils can be a valuable addition to industrial cleaning formulations. Their natural antimicrobial properties, pleasant fragrances, and degreasing abilities make them a suitable alternative to harsh chemicals in certain applications. Combining different essential oils with each other and with other cleaning ingredients can create synergistic effects and enhance their cleansing properties. Remember that essential oils are potent, so it is crucial to use them responsibly in proper concentrations.