A powerful organic substance, the Capsicum Oleoresin is a combination that includes oil and resin obtained from specific parts of a plant. These are concentrated mixtures extracted using the solvent extraction method which is why they need to be used with care. Because of the low moisture content, Oleoresins have a long shelf which is why it is easy to transport or carry them in their concentrated form. Used commonly as a spice ingredient in culinary art, it has high levels of capsaicin which comes with both positive and negative aspects.
Also known as the Chili Oleoresin, Cayenne Pepper resin, Oleoresin of Capsicum, and many more, this particular ingredient comes from the Solanaceae which carries a pungent scent. The oil has a liquid homogeneous state with a yellow or light brown color.
What is Oleoresin?
Like cocoa oil, Oleoresin is a byproduct made of natural and organic substances. It is created with the help of bioactive metabolites derived from a plant which gives it a resin quality. Obtained using the solvent extraction process, this oil is in itself the true spicy essence that can elevate your senses to another level.
Advantages of capsicum oleoresin:
There are so many amazing benefits of essential oils like jojoba and rosemary oleoresin. Oleoresin capsicum, too, comes with some important benefits that you just can't avoid:
- It gives a solid boost to the metabolism of the body and helps in burning calories faster by lowering the levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream.
- It is highly rich in Vitamins A and C which is also the reason why it has strong anti-oxidant characteristics that help boost the immunity of the body.
- It also helps in treating respiratory issues like asthma, osteoarthritis, and even cataract.
- If you have a spinal cord, try this oil because the capsaicin content will block pain transmission to your backbone. For post-operative trauma, this is very useful.
- There have been theories about capsicum having anti-cancer properties.
- It is great to improve the digestive system since it allows better digestion, especially with the laxative properties it carries.
The Greater Good of Capsicum Oleoresin
As a highly useful and versatile ingredient, Capsicum Oleoresin is something that must be taken into regard. Here are some great ways it can help you:
- It has control over the free radical with its antioxidant properties.
- It is rich in sulfur compounds which is why it is medically advised to patients suffering from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It helps in treating cardiac conditions.
- The capsaicin present in capsicum oleoresin has high pain-relieving qualities.
- It is also used to give relief to patients suffering from neuropathic pain.
- There are useful enzymes present in capsicum oleoresin that are great to treat ulcers, gastric, and several such issues.
Side-effects of Capsicum Oleoresin
Like everything else, the overuse of capsicum oleoresin can also have side effects which are why you should be wary of it.
- High doses of oleoresin can cause blurry vision.
- Overdose can lead to certain symptoms like weakness and tiredness along with fatigue.
- It can unnaturally fasten the heartbeat.
- Over-consumption may cause swelling and bloating of the limbs.
- Be wary of any tingling or numbing sensation
- It can irritate your eyes and throat.
- Excessive consumption can lead to internal bleeding.
- People with hypertension should stay away since it can elevate blood pressure.
- Keep it away from injuries or damaged skin
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers must stay away from oleoresin capsicum.
Check out Essential Natural Oils to know more about essential oils.