The Benefits of Natural Supplements
The global essential oil market is growing, and the sale of bulk essential oils continues to increase, however, to maintain consumer confidence and increased feed consumption animal products must be of a consistently high quality. To improve and enrich animal foods, bioactive composites such as essential oils may be added to prevent oxidation and spoilage and their destructive effects. The microbial resistance to antibiotics related to the use of antimicrobial growth promotors (AGPs) in animal production led to bans on antibiotics in such countries as the European Union. These restrictions have motivated scientific research to find alternate solutions and essential oils are ready to fill that need! HBNO in a world-renowned distributor of essential oils wholesale.
Increased Efficiency When Using Natural Supplements
Research has shown that a blend of five essential oils of basil (Ocimum basilicum), lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus), oregano (Origanium vulgare), lemon (Citrus lemon) and thyme (Thymus linearus) caused effective control of Tropilaelaps mites in Bee colonies. High mean value for honey yield (9.3 kg) was recorded by using formic acid, followed by lemongrass (8.8 kg), thyme (8.5 kg), lemon (8.5 kg), basil (7.7 kg) and oregano (7.6 kg) per colony. Varroa destructor causes the most significant parasitosis of beekeeping in the world. Because of this attention is needed to prevent colony death. Typical treatments for this problem involve synthetic acaricides. However, the use of acaricides results in a surge in resistant populations of mites and drug residues in hives. Researchers found that Thymol (oil of thyme extracted from Thyme - Thymus vulgaris, Ajwain) and Phellandrene (isolated from the oil of water fennel) turned out to be lethal for mites at lower concentrations than for bees. The binary mixture of both substances created a different toxicity than only one produced by each pure compound. The results of the study revealed that such formulations may be considered optimal substances as alternative controls for the parasitosis.
The antimicrobial properties and chemical composition of four citrus essential oils was found to control Paenibacillus larvae, the causal agent of American foulbrood disease (AFB). Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi), sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), mandarin (Citrus nobilis) and lemon (Citrus limon) were studied and the antimicrobial activity of the oils against P. larvae was determined to be effective using the broth microdilution method. The results of the study determined that the use of essential oils against pests related to food provision may represent an alternative procedure for the control of this serious disease free of toxic chemical residues in honey and its by-products.
Research states that essential oils such as lemon, orange, eucalyptus, peppermint, oregano, cinnamaldehyde, thyme and garlic have a stimulating effect on an animal’s digestive system, which in turn improves the animal’s productivity due to essential oil palatability and performance enhancers.
Islam, N., Amjad, M., ul Haq, E., Stephen, E., & Naz, F. (2017). Efficacy of Essential Oils and Formic Acid in the Management of Tropilaelaps clareae in Apis mellifera Linnaeus Colonies in Relation to Honey Production. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research, 30(2), 194–201
Brasesco, C., Gende, L., Negri, P., Szawarski, N., Iglesias, A., Eguaras, M., Ruffinengo, S., & Maggi, M. (2017). Assessing in Vitro Acaricidal Effect and Joint Action of a Binary Mixture between Essential Oil Compounds (Thymol, Phellandrene, Eucalyptol, Cinnamaldehyde, Myrcene, Carvacrol) over Ectoparasitic Mite Varroa Destructor (Acari: Varroidae). Journal of Apicultural Science, 61(2), 203–215.
Susana García de la Rosa, & Rosalía Fritz. (2008). Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of Citrus essences on honeybee bacterial pathogen Paenibacillus larvae, the causal agent of American foulbrood. World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology, 24(10), 2067–2072.
HBNO Quality Control
At HBNO every batch of essential oils is tested to ensure that all requirements and quality controls have been met such as chromatography-mass spectroscopy (GC-MS), sensory analysis for odor and the color; physical analysis for viscosity, moisture, solubility, optical rotation, specific gravity, refractive index, residue on evaporation, and freezing point; as well as chemical analysis for determination of the acid, ester, carbonyl, and aldehyde index, and phenol content. At HBNO, Health and Beauty Natural Oils, the quality of our essential oils is unquestionable, we provide only the best!
Essential Oils for Beekeepers
- Research shows that basil (Ocimum basilicum), lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus), oregano (Origanium vulgare), lemon (Citrus lemon) and thyme (Thymus linearus) caused effective control of Tropilaelaps mites in Bee colonies.
- Researchers found that Thymol (oil of thyme extracted from Thyme - Thymus vulgaris, Ajwain) and Phellandrene (isolated from the oil of water fennel) turned out to be lethal for mites at lower concentrations than for bees. The binary mixture of both substances created a different toxicity than only one produced by each pure compound. The results of the study revealed that such formulations may be considered optimal substances as alternative controls for the parasitosis.
- Research has determined that the use of essential oils such as Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi), sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), mandarin (Citrus nobilis) and lemon (Citrus limon) against pests related to food provision in Bee colonies may represent an alternative procedure for the control of serious disease free of toxic chemical residues in honey and its by-products.
Application Practice and Methods of Application
Application practice and methods vary depending on many factors. Individual research into the application and practice in the use of essential oils in Beekeeping is recommended.
While Essential Oils are a promising substitute for antibiotics and provide a strong antimicrobial effect among other beneficial effects, it is important to note that some essential oils may be toxic to both humans and animals and cause liver, kidneys, or gastrointestinal tissue problems. Reproductive toxicity has been reported for Oregano (Origanum vulgare) and Wild Mint (Mentha arvensis). Other studies show an adverse effect to essential oils on the genome, genoprotective effects ( Syzygium aromaticum ) and genotoxicity, as is the case of Cinnamon and Camphor (Cinnamomum camphor). Personal research into their individual use in Animal Feed is necessary. Compounds of essential oils have emerged as an alternative to traditional acaricides; however, the toxicity produced by these mixtures is currently poorly explored.
HBNO - Health and Beauty Natural Oils – Our Mission
- At HBNO our mission is to provide you with the products that are the pinnacle of quality and affordability. Health and Beauty Natural Oils is committed to offering the highest quality essential oils directly from the farmer to you with no middleman in between. As both a manufacturer and retailer we at HBNO are in a position to provide our customers with the most competitive pricing and quality anywhere available. We believe in providing essential oils directly from the living plant to you because ensuring that you receive the absolute best that nature provides is our mission!
HBNO – Health and Beauty Natural Oils - Customer Satisfaction
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: We are committed to providing the most reliable service to every customer. However, if for some reason you receive damaged or incorrect items, please contact us through the Amazon platform and we will guarantee your 100% satisfaction. If for any reason you are not absolutely satisfied you will receive a full refund or a replacement of the product from the manufacturer.
We are here to serve you so always feel free to contact us directly. We guarantee friendly, professional after-service.
The above statements are for educational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The above statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition in humans or animals. Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.