The Benefits of Natural Supplements
The global essential oil market is growing, and the sale of bulk essential oils continues to increase, however, to maintain consumer confidence and increased feed consumption animal products must be of a consistently high quality. To improve and enrich animal foods, bioactive composites such as essential oils may be added to prevent oxidation and spoilage and their destructive effects. The microbial resistance to antibiotics related to the use of antimicrobial growth promotors (AGPs) in animal production led to bans on antibiotics in such countries as the European Union. These restrictions have motivated scientific research to find alternate. HBNO in a world-renowned distributor of essential oils wholesale.
Increased Efficiency When Using Natural Supplements
Research states that essential oils such as Lemon, Orange, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Oregano, Cinnamaldehyde, Thyme and Garlic have a stimulating effect on an animal’s digestive system, which in turn improves the animal’s productivity due to essential oil palatability and performance enhancers. Phytogenic Feed Additives (PFA), such as essential oils, also known as phytobiotics or botanicals have been found to assist in maintaining the health of livestock. Research has shown that Phytogenic Feed Additives such as essential oils can reduce emissions from pig production ammonia and methane from fermentation in the rumen, therefore PFA have the potential to ultimately improve animal welfare and increase productivity. Botanicals may also influence the speed at which food is digested and impact bile synthesis which in turn increases the secretion of salvia, bile, and enzyme activity. HBNO continues to sell high quality organic essential oils wholesale.
HBNO Quality Control
At HBNO every batch of essential oils is tested to ensure that all requirements and quality controls have been met such as chromatography-mass spectroscopy (GC-MS), sensory analysis for odor and the color; physical analysis for viscosity, moisture, solubility, optical rotation, specific gravity, refractive index, residue on evaporation, and freezing point; as well as chemical analysis for determination of the acid, ester, carbonyl, and aldehyde index, and phenol content. At HBNO, Health and Beauty Natural Oils, the quality of our essential oils is unquestionable, we provide only the best!
Essential Oils for Animal Feed
- Research shows that pigs prefer garlic and rosemary in feed rather than ginger or oregano.
- Thyme essential oil is the most effective in animal feeding, since it has a stimulating effect on an animal's digestive system, which is responsible for improving the animal's productivity.
- Benefits of essential oils are more dramatic with high nutrient density diets.
- Research undertaken by the State University in Maringa and Zaragoza in Brazil found that adding a blend of clove, eugenol, thymol and vanillin oils to the diets of feedlot-raised cows may have improved performance and feed intake without the use of antibiotics.
Application Practice and Methods of Application
Application practice and methods vary depending on many factors. The following is one study stating the way in which turmeric extract, turmeric oil, turmeric oleoresin and turmeric tincture from Curcuma longa L. rhizome were used.
“Following a request from the European Commission, the EFSA Panel on Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed (FEEDAP) was asked to deliver a scientific opinion on the safety and efficacy of turmeric extract, turmeric essential oil, turmeric oleoresin and turmeric tincture from Curcuma longa L. rhizome when used as sensory additives in feed and in water for drinking for all animal species. The FEEDAP Panel concludes that the additives under consideration are safe at the maximum proposed use levels: (i) turmeric extract at 15 mg/kg complete feed (or in water for drinking at comparable exposure) for all animal species; (ii) turmeric essential oil at 80 mg/kg feed for veal calves (milk replacer) and 20 mg/kg complete feed (or 20 mg/L) for all other species; (iii) turmeric oleoresin at 30 mg/kg complete feed (or 30 mg/L) for chickens for fattening and laying hens and 5 mg/kg complete feed (or 5 mg/L) for pigs, veal calves, cattle for fattening and dairy cows, sheep, goats, horses, rabbits and fish; (iv) turmeric tincture at 0.8 mL/L water for drinking for poultry, 6 mL per head and day for horses and 0.05 mL tincture/kg complete feed for dogs. No concerns for consumers were identified following the use of the additives at the proposed use level in animal nutrition. Turmeric extract, turmeric oil, turmeric oleoresin and turmeric tincture should be considered as irritants to skin and eyes and the respiratory tract and as skin sensitizers. The use of the additives in feed is not expected to pose a risk for the environment. Since turmeric and its preparations are recognized to flavor food and their function in feed would be essentially the same as that in food, no further demonstration of efficacy.”
Safety and efficacy of turmeric extract, turmeric oil, turmeric oleoresin and turmeric tincture from Curcuma longa L. rhizome when used as sensory additives in feed for all animal species. (2020). EFSA Journal, 18(6), 1–74. https://doi-org.ezproxy.liberty.edu/10.2903/j.efsa.2020.6146
While Essential Oils are a promising substitute for antibiotics and provide a strong antimicrobial effect among other beneficial effects, it is important to note that some essential oils may be toxic to both humans and animals and cause liver, kidneys, or gastrointestinal tissue problems. Reproductive toxicity has been reported for Oregano (Origanum vulgare) and Wild Mint (Mentha arvensis). Other studies show an adverse effect to essential oils on the genome, genoprotective effects ( Syzygium aromaticum ) and genotoxicity, as is the case of Cinnamon and Camphor (Cinnamomum camphor). Personal research into their individual use in Animal Feed is necessary.
HBNO - Health and Beauty Natural Oils – Our Mission
- At HBNO our mission is to provide you with the products that are the pinnacle of quality and affordability. Health and Beauty Natural Oils is committed to offering the highest quality essential oils directly from the farmer to you with no middleman in between. As both a manufacturer and retailer we at HBNO are in a position to provide our customers with the most competitive pricing and quality anywhere available. We believe in providing essential oils directly from the living plant to you because ensuring that you receive the absolute best that nature provides is our mission!
HBNO – Health and Beauty Natural Oils - Customer Satisfaction
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: We are committed to providing the most reliable service to every customer. However, if for some reason you receive damaged or incorrect items, please contact us through the Amazon platform and we will guarantee your 100% satisfaction. If for any reason you are not absolutely satisfied you will receive a full refund or a replacement of the product from the manufacturer.
We are here to serve you so always feel free to contact us directly. We guarantee friendly, professional after-service.
The above statements are for educational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The above statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition in humans or animals. Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.